This year's 80s v 90s Night is sure to be a party of the decades.
Here's 11 facts you may or may not know about the artists on the bill!
- The line up for 80s v 90s Night this year consists of: A1, Betty Boo, Technotronic, Dodgy, Johnny Hates Jazz, Living in a Box featuring Kenny Thomas, Midge Ure and The Human League.
- A1 are a British-Norwegian pop group who formed in 1998. They have had eight top 10 singles including two number 1s. The group appeared on The Big Reunion in 2014.
- Betty Boo is a singer-songwriter and pop-rap artist from London. Her first album Boomania reached number 4 on the UK album chart and going Platinum; she released three top 10 singles from the album.
- Technotronic are a Belgian electronic music project formed in 1988 by Jo Bogaert. Their biggest song “Pump Up The Jam” hit number 2 on the UK singles chart along with also going top 10 in the US, Australia, Austria, France, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, Sweden and it topped the charts in their own country, Belgium.
- Dodgy are an English power pop rock trio that rose to fame during the Britpop era in the 90s. The trio are best known for their songs Staying Out For The Summer, If You’re Thinking Of Me and Good Enough. Good Enough was their biggest hit reaching number 4 in the singles chart in 1996.
- Johnny Hates Jazz are a British band consisting of Clark Datchler and Mike Nocito. Their first single Shattered Dreams received International success including reaching number 5 in the UK and number 2 in the US. Their debut album Turn Back The Clock also went to number 1 in the UK.
- Living in a Box are a British band who found fame in the late 80s. The group are best known for their eponymous debut single which reached number 5 in the UK and went top 20 in eleven other countries. The line up currently consists of original members Marcus Vere (synthesizers) and Anthony Critchlow (drums) accompanied by 90s soul singer Kenny Thomas.
- Kenny Thomas had two top 10 albums in the 90s and four top 20 singles.
- Midge Ure is a Scottish musician, singer-songwriter and producer. He is best known for being the producer and writer of several synthpop/new wave hit singles in the 80s such as Fade to Grey, Vienna and Dancing With Tears in My Eyes. He was involved in multiple bands in the 70s and 80s including Slik, Thin Lizzy, Rich Kids and Visage, and most notably as frontman for Ultravox.
- The Human League are one of the biggest synthpop bands in the 70s and 80s. The band were a huge part of the New Romantics era of UK pop music. The band are best known for hits including: Don’t You Want Me, Love Action, Mirror Man, Fascination, Human and Being Boiled. Their biggest album Dare hit the number 1 spot in 1981 and included some of their biggest hits.
- The line up includes Philip Oakey, the frontman since the band formed in 1977, Joanne Catherall and Susan Ann Sulley who have both been with the band since 1980 when Oakey spotted them in a nightclub and asked them to be dancers and incidental vocalists. In 1985 Oakey worked with Giorgio Moroder to create one of his biggest hits Together in Electric Dreams.
Don't miss out on the party, get your tickets for Friday 4th August: 80s v 90s NIGHT